I can not wait for tomorrow, it is like D-Day: the real beginning of the fishing season. The season opens up Monday at 6 am and we can fish every moment of the day until they say fishing is done for the day. Commercial fishermen are always guaranteed Mondays and Thursdays to fish and Wildlife and Fisheries will sometimes let us fish in between those days if the fish count is in our favor. I am really excited that it is almost here. All the nets are mended and the gear is down at the beach - the last thing we need is just some fish to come into our nets. Who knows what tomorrow will bring but the word is that the fish are coming and they will be coming in big numbers.
I am excited to work a job that I have never done before. It is something I will look back on and say "I commercial-fished in Alaska" and smile about it... but first I have to make it through this season.
Another great thing that happened today - besides the women soccer team beating Brazil, was my father's birthday. I am where I am today because of him: he is my best friend and I am happy to have him as my dad. I do not know of anyone who is cooler and I am growing to be a man because of the great example he has been in my life . He is always willing to teach and and to counsel me in everything I do. I love you Dad!
Well guys, wish me luck and I hope the fish find our nets and I will surely have stories to tell on the other side of this adventure!
Until next time,
Edward